In Bomb blast, all injuries can occur except –
Medical Android Apps(Medical MCQs, Clinical Signs, Radiology Signs, IPC, CrPC, IEA)
Download from Google Play Store
- Following an explosion injuries result from
- Close to the explosion – blown into pieces by the force of explosion
- Injured by the wave of pressure – Shock wave
- Sustain injury due to the heat produced
- Flying missiles causing injuries
- Injured or crushed by the falling building or debris
- Lungs are the most vulnerable organ to blast injuries.
- Types of blast injuries –
- Primary – Due to shock wave which cause injuries to hollow organs, e.g. ears, lungs, eyes, GIT etc.
- Secondary – Due to flying debris (missiles). Classical Marshalls triad i.e. bruises, abrasions and puncture laceration is diagnostic of explosive injury.
- Tertiary – Due to blast wind, i.e. victim is thrown into air and strikes other objects leading to fracture, blunt trauma etc.
- Quaternary – Any complication factor (not in first 3 categories) causes quaternary injury, e.g. – anoxia, respiratory problems etc.
Wanna try MCQs Quiz 3.0?
MCQs – Quiz 3.0 is a unique attempt to practice recent MCQs (2001 – 2017), which can be filtered Examwise, Subjectwise &/or Topicwise in Quiz form.
Feel free to try it out.