20 year old married woman took aluminium phosphide to commit suicide. The doctor who performed autopsy hid this information willingly from investigating authority. This is punishable under which section –
[A]. IPC 189
[B]. IPC 193
[C]. CrPC 69
[D]. CrPC 84
Medical Android Apps(Medical MCQs, Clinical Signs, Radiology Signs, IPC, CrPC, IEA)
Download from Google Play Store
[B]. IPC 193
- Out of the given options, the best answer is IPC 193. But, if “IPC 202” is given in options, it would be better choice.
- IPC 193 – Punishment for false evidence –
- Whoever intentionally gives false evidence in any stage of a judicial proceeding, or fabricates false evidence for the purpose of being used in any stage of a judicial proceeding, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine, and
- Whoever intentionally gives or fabricates false evidence in any other case, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.
- IPC 202 – Intentional omission to give information of offence by person bound to inform –
- Whoever, knowing or having reason to believe that an offence has been committed, intentionally omits to give any information respecting that offence which he is legally bound to give, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine, or with both.
Wanna try MCQs Quiz 3.0?
MCQs – Quiz 3.0 is a unique attempt to practice recent MCQs (2001 – 2017), which can be filtered Examwise, Subjectwise &/or Topicwise in Quiz form.
Feel free to try it out.